For the purposes of these Convene customers (Trial Users & Paid Customers) specific provisions, unless otherwise defined here the terms shall have the same meaning as defined in the Convene Terms of Service.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will collect, use and protect your personal information.
2. What We Collect
We collect a variety of information to enable us to provide the Services, improve and enhance our users’ experience of the Services. For more information about the purposes for which we use your information please see the Use of Information section below.
We collect the following information (which may include personal information):
- Information You Provide To Us. We collect information you provide directly to us when you register for and use the Services. Examples include:
- We collect information when you register with us for a Convene account, access and use the Services, apply for a trial, request a quotation, schedule a demo or make a subscription or purchase.
- To enable us to optimize the level of customer service and support rendered to our customers, the types of information we may collect directly from you may include your name, username, your company name, job title, email address, phone number, and any contact or other information you choose to provide. We also store the password that we generate for you when you register to access our Services, and the files or other information that you upload or provide to the Convene hosted solution or Convene application. This information is solely used by us in aiding our ability to troubleshoot and enhance your Convene user experience.
- Contact made with our customer support department for customer support via means such as emails, phone conversations or chat sessions with our customer support representatives may be monitored and recorded in our best effort to mitigate any future concerns associated with the effective use of Services.
- We also collect the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write.
- Information We Collect Automatically As a customer, upon access or use of Services, we may automatically collect information about you (but we are not readily to identify you based on the collected information), including:
- Log Information: We collect information which may include IP address(es), browser types, and actions taken in connection with the access and use of the Services and store it in log files in our best effort to optimize and remedy your technical concern related to the use of Services.
- Device Information: If you access the Services from a mobile device, we may collect information about the device, including the device name and model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information (as allowed by the mobile network) or platform information (as allowed by the specific platform type) in our best effort to optimize and remedy your technical concern related to the use of Services. We do not track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time.
3. Data Processor
We act as Data Processor for the data stored in the Content. We do not own, control or direct the use of any of Content stored or processed by you via Convene hosted solution or Convene application. Only the customers or users are entitled to access, retrieve and direct the use of such information. We are largely unaware of what information is actually being stored or made available by you to the Convene hosted solution or Convene application and we do not directly access such information or data except as authorized by you or as necessary to provide support services to you.
The customer or the user is the data controller under the Data Protection Laws for any Content containing personal data, meaning that such party controls the manner such personal data is collected and used as well as the determination of the purposes and means of the processing of such personal data. We are not responsible for the content of the personal data contained in the Content or other information stored on its servers (or its subcontractors’ servers) at the discretion of the customer or user nor are we responsible for the manner in which the customer or user collects, handles disclosure, distributes or otherwise processes such information.
4. Use of Information
We may use the information (which may include personal information) we collect about you for a variety of purposes, including, for example, to:
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve the Services;
- Enable you to access and use the Services, including creating and joining e-meetings, uploading, downloading, collaborating on and sharing Content;
- Allow you to opt-in to participate in any interactive feature of our Services;
- Notify you about changes to our Services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative notices;
- Provide and deliver services and features upon your request;
- Process and complete transactions;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with you, where you have agreed or where the law permits, for marketing purposes, including to periodically inform you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, and events, and provide other news or information about Azeus and Convene. If you have agreed to receive marketing but then later change your mind and no longer wish to receive marketing, please let us know so we can remove you from our distribution lists. You can contact us at email@example.com;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Services;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Services, and other illegal activities; and
- Personalize and improve the Services.
5. Sharing Information with Third Parties
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties where:
- if you are an individual Services registered user and the domain of the primary email address associated with your Services account is owned by your employer or your organization and was assigned to you as an employee or member of that organization, and such organization wishes to establish a Services corporate account, then certain information concerning use of your individual account may become accessible to that organization’s administrator including your email address; and
- we may share your information with your consent, including when you choose to use any features in the Services that by their nature support sharing with third parties who you choose. Your name, email address, information from your profile, and any Content you choose to share will be shared with such third parties, and such third parties may communicate with you in connection with your use of the interactive or collaboration features of the Services. For example, third parties who you invite to join an e-meeting using the Services may also modify Content that you have shared, upload documents to Content you have shared, and provide other third parties with rights to view the Content you have shared.
6. Where We Store Your Information
We may store and process personal information and content in the United States and other countries or cities which include but are not limited to the United Kingdom, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore and Philippines.
For US customers who have adopted our software-as-a-service (hosted) Convene Services, the Content uploaded by users to the Convene hosted solution or Convene application shall reside within the United States. No content will be transferred outside of the United States without the prior consent of the customer.
For European Union (EU) customers who have adopted our software-as-a-service (hosted) Convene Services, the Content uploaded by users to the Convene hosted solution or Convene application shall reside within the EU or EEA. No content will be transferred outside of EU or EEA without the prior consent of the customer.
If you have any questions in relation to the transfer of your personal information outside the jurisdiction of origin please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Collaboration and Sharing Features
The Services offers collaboration and file sharing features or other tools, which allow you to share your Content through the Services. As a function of the collaborative nature of the Services and based on the permissions and settings you choose, the use of such features enables the sharing of Content with people you want to collaborate with or with the public. The access rights and setting can be managed by using the Services functionality. For more information about such collaboration and sharing features, we encourage you to review the documentation of Services provided or made available by Azeus, or to contact email@example.com.