For the purposes of this Policy, unless otherwise defined here, the terms shall have the same meaning as defined in the AGM@Convene Terms of Service or AGM@Convene End User Terms of Service.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will collect, use and protect your personal information.
2. What We Collect
We collect a variety of information to enable us to provide the Services, and to improve and enhance our users’ experience of the Services. For more information about the purposes for which we use your information please see the Use of Information section below.
We collect the following information (which may include personal information):
- Information You Provide To Us
When you create a AGM@Convene account, register for and use the Services, request a quotation or a demo, we collect information you provide directly to us. This can include:
- Your name, username, your company name, job title, email address, phone number, passport or identity number
- The password and/or unique code that we generate for you when you register for our Services
- Information you submit (such as proxy forms and votes) and documents you upload to our Services
- Contact made with our customer support or helpdesk via means such as emails, phone conversations or chat sessions
- Messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write
- Information Provided by our Customers
Because our Services revolve around supporting our customers to better deliver their business and obligations (such as conducting Events like annual general meetings (AGMs)), we may also receive your personal data from those customers (which can include your name, address, passport or identity number, etc.), who may have collated or analysed the information they already have about you or you have provided directly.
When a company (such as a listed company) contracts our Services for the purpose of conducting an Event (i.e. “Customer Account Holder” as defined in the AGM@Convene Terms of Service), such as an AGM, they may provide your personal information to us in order allow you to participate in said Events, either as a company representative, individual shareholder, representative of a corporate shareholder, observer, or as authorized third-party participant or guest, etc. In such cases, our agreement with our customers and/or the AGM@Convene Terms of Service, ensure that they are authorized to share your information to us.
- Information We Collect as You use our Services
When you use our Services, we collect data to make the Services work better for you. This can include, for example, usage of the features and modules, and data about the performance of the Services.
We may also collect data including IP address(es), browser types, log information and the devices you use to access the Services, to optimize your use of the Services and remedy your technical concern related to the use of the Services.
We may also collect information you authorize or have consented us to collect. This can include information from third-party services that you have registered and have authorized or consented us to connect to or integrate with the Services.
3. Data Processor
While we act as the Data Controller for the personal information required by us to create and maintain the Personal End User Accounts, we act as Data Processor for all other personal information submitted or uploaded to the Services or provided to us for provision of the Services and that you or the Customer Account Holder act as the data controller under the data protection laws. A data controller controls the manner the personal data is collected and used as well as the determination of the purposes and means of the processing of such personal data. We are not responsible for the content of the personal data contained in the Content or other information stored on our servers (or our subcontractors’ servers) at the discretion of the customer or user nor are we responsible for the manner in which the customer or user collects, handles disclosure, distributes or otherwise processes such information.
We however share your personal information with the Customer Account Holder whom you are affiliated with, who control your information and may have directly provided it to us and/or asked us to collect information and process it by using our technology and services. Where you have provided your personal data directly to us by registering for an Event in AGM@Convene, your information will likewise be processed in accordance with the Customer Account Holder’s instructions. They have their own privacy policies that apply to your information and must be able to provide you with a copy.
4. Use of Information
We may use the information (which may include personal information) we collect about you for a variety of purposes, including, for example, to:
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve the Services including the creation and maintenance of AGM@Convene accounts;
- Fulfil a contract that we have entered into with you or with an entity that you represent;
- Deliver services to our customers who are using our Services and to whom you have consented;
- Enable you to access and use the Services, including registering for and joining Events, browsing Event information, submitting proxy forms and online voting;
- Enable you to access the Contents in the accounts created in a read-only format even after an Event you have organized, registered for or enrolled in;
- Allow you to opt-in to participate in any interactive feature of our Services;
- Notify you about changes to our Services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative notices;
- Provide and deliver services and features upon your request;
- Process and complete transactions;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with you, where you have agreed or where the law permits, for marketing purposes, including to periodically inform you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, and events, and provide other news or information about us. If you have agreed to receive marketing but then later change your mind and no longer wish to receive marketing, please let us know so we can remove you from our distribution lists. You can contact us at email@example.com ;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Services;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Services, and other illegal activities; and
- Personalize and improve the Services.
We may collect anonymous and aggregated data which does not contain personal information for the purposes of improving our Services.
Certain features of the Services depend on cookies. Please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use those features, and preferences that are dependent on cookies may be lost.
6. Sharing Information with Third Parties
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information to our customers (that is, Customer Account Holders with whom you are connected), who have asked us to collect, process or analyse it on their behalf.
7. Where We Store Your Information
We may store and process personal information and content in the United States and other countries or cities which include but are not limited to the United Kingdom (UK), Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore and Philippines.
For US customers, the Content uploaded by users to the Services shall reside within the United States. No content will be transferred outside of the United States without the prior consent of the customer.
For customers in Europe, the Content uploaded by users to the Services shall reside within the EEA. No Content will be transferred outside of the aforementioned location without the prior consent of the customer.
If you have any questions in relation to the transfer of your personal information outside the jurisdiction of origin please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
8. Your Consent
9. Data Retention
We store the account information and Contents until your account is permanently deleted, or when we decide to remove any read-only Contents retained after an Event – whichever comes first. There will be data which is determined case-by-case depending on things such as the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, Customer contracts and billing information are kept to comply with our financial and audit policies, as well as tax requirements.